Raspberry Ketone is essentially a 100% pure extract in a capsule which is even more “powerful” than the fruit itself. But first, let’s take a closer look at the fruit, its history and its properties.
Raspberry: history and properties
Raspberry is a fruit that grows wild in bushes grown in northern Italy and in Greece since the sixteenth century and is valued for its excellent flavor and its nutritional properties.
The raspberry fruit has many properties and benefits for our health. Some of these include:
- The presence of vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) helps to strengthen the immune system, blood cells, skin, vessels, muscles and bones as it promotes the production of collagen. For this reason, raspberries are a highly recommended fruit for both children and the elderly.
- Thanks to the presence of rutin combined with vitamin C, raspberries also have vasodilatory properties and help improve blood circulation.
- The presence of vitamin A and beta-carotene goes a long way in the prevention of macular degeneration, a disease that can affect eye sight in old age.
- The presence of soluble fibre encourages the formation of a gelatinous mass which is great for reducing cholesterol levels, “capturing” it before it gets absorbed in the intestine.
- Raspberries are also rich in manganese, which stimulates the metabolism to burn fat faster, promoting weight loss. Raspberry ketone is seen as especially good for weight loss as it stimulates the production of adiponectin, a hormone that acts on the metabolism and causes the body to burn fat for energy, while providing a feeling of satiety.
As explained above, Raspberry Ketone stimulates the production of adiponectin, a protein that helps to metabolize fat, regulating the levels of glucose in the blood.
Increased metabolism means that a higher proportion of the food we consume is converted into energy, and there is a corresponding reduction in the percentage converted into fat. So our body starts to make and store less fat.
Raspberry Ketone Plus
To enhance the slimming effects brought on by the production of adiponectin, there is a version of Raspberry Ketone in the market called “Rasperry Ketone Plus”. Not only is it very powerful in its stimulation of adiponectin, it is also enriched with other substances that promote weight loss. These include:
- Garcinia Cambogia – this is a fruit extract which helps to burn fat and induces a sense of satiety.For more information please read our article dedicated just to Garcinia Cambogia.
- Green Coffee: this is simply coffee beans that have not been roasted yet.They contain caffeine and chlorogenic acid, both of which contribute to its weight loss properties.
- Green Tea Extract: this has antioxidant properties and offers many health benefits. It increases your resting metabolism and offers weight loss.
- Capsaicin: it improves digestion, reduce bloating and stimulates metabolism.
- Cocoa: it stimulates the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that stimulates good humour, helping us feel good.
- Zinc: this boosts the immune system and promotes good digestion, essential for weight loss.
Raspberry Ketone Plus: where can you buy it?
Raspberry Ketone Plus can be purchased in in few select stores but if you want to save money you can buy it online on a secure and specialized site such as Nutrition Slimming which also offers attractive volume discounts.
Raspberry Ketone: a few precautions
Raspberry Ketone, or any other dietary supplement for that matter, is NOT recommended for minors and women who are pregnant or lactating.
Raspberry Ketone can at times interfere with medication and so if you are on any kind of medication you should first consult your doctor to make sure there are no contraindications.
To avoid possible side effects, do NOT exceed the recommended dose. Raspberry Ketone Plus capsules are to be taken twice a day with a glass of water, ideally 30 minutes before a meal. You should take two capsules before breakfast and two capsules before lunch or dinner.
Finally, before you begin taking Raspberry Ketone Plus, do read the full list of ingredients to make sure you do not have allergies to any of its ingredients, just as you must do for any food product or medication that you consume.
Raspberry Ketone: a review
We need to combine it with a balanced diet in order to see the maximum results. A balanced diet means that you should be getting your essential nutrients and it must meet your lifestyle needs (eg. sedentary or active life), age requirements, climate conditions and be suited to any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have.
Make sure you incorporate some moderate physical activity in your lifestyle consistently. And follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables together with limiting your consumption of fatty foods and red meat. This combination should yield some amazing results for your body as well as mind.
If you are overweight, it is useless and dangerous to rely on “DIY diets” that may be based on the wrong principles and supplements. Diets should be designed only by doctors and nutritionists and supplements should be considered as a valuable ally and not a substitute for the absence of a healthy balanced lifestyle.