The good and bad qualities of a tomato
Almost everyone lust tomatoes, at least in one of the many forms or applications. Tomatoes are used in salads, sauces, soups, juices and a variety of hot and cold dishes. Tomatoes have no remarkable reputation as some other vegetables. Tomatoes are boring for that matter. But how boring they are for your health?
The good qualities of a tomato
Tomatoes have many good nutritional effects. This nutriële the benefits of tomatoes and the benefits for physical and / or mental health:
• Tomatoes contain huge amounts of vitamin C, responsible for transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
• Tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamin A,. responsible for the health of all body cells
• Tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamin B1, B2 and B6; involved in cell metabolism , DNA structure and formation of blood cells.
• Tomatoes are low in calories (only 21 calories per 100g). So they do not thicken.
• Tomatoes are the perfect food when dieting. They exist because more than 90 percent water and thus produce a proper discharge of waste from the body.
• Tomatoes have an alkaline (alkalising) operation. Acidification of the body can take care of everyday ailments such as fatigue, headaches, insomnia and muscle pain. Many people use drugs (antiacida) to counter. Acidification Tomatoes work equally well.
• The pigment lycopene that occurs abundantly in tomatoes protects antioxidant the body cells from nitrogen oxides from cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes.
• Lycopene would thus provide protection against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
contain • Tomatoes next Lycopene many other carotenoids and polyphenols as flavonol, quercetin and kaempferol. This also are very powerful antioxidants that protect against harmful free radicals.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends that the benefits of tomatoes (and lycopene) not to overestimate. The genetically engineered purple tomato would – according to scientists from the John Innes Centre English – have been extremely beneficial.
The bad qualities of a tomato
A certain sportsman once said, “Every advantage has its disadvantage.” Similarly, the tomato. These are the negative nutritional properties of the tomato:
• Tomatoes have spent years subject to genetic manipulation and modification. This is to improve taste to repel tomato diseases against lengthening repel insects durability etc. about the health risks of genetic modification, scientists still disagree.
• In unripe tomatoes is tomatine, a substance which in large quantities is toxic for humans. Tomatine can cause fever, weakness, drowsiness, lethargy, depression, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Tomatine disappears during ripening of tomato, so eat only ripe tomatoes.
• Tomatoes rot relatively quickly. The best (organic) tomatoes rot the fastest.
Tomatoes – Conclusion
The benefits of tomatoes are infinite. The disadvantages of tomatoes are incalculable. Tomatoes fit so perfectly at home in a healthy diet. The administrators of www.tomatoesareevil.com think very differently here.